Hosting an Abortion Triangle Gathering is easy!
1. Before your gathering
- Find a location
- Set a date
- Invite people – Friends, family, coworkers etc. We even have a sample invitation you can use.
- Order your triangle kits from SMA -It takes us about a week to put them together.
- Info SMA needs
- How many triangles you want?
- What colors do you want? If you already know what colors your guests will want that is great or else we can give you an assortment.
- Nipping or no nipping? It is easiest for beginners to use no nip glass and usually a better option for large groups. We also have nippers ($38) available for purchase.
- In person pick up or by mail?
If you are a mosaic artist and already have materials, we can send you info on how to prep using your own materials.
2. Day of gathering
- Set up your table(s) with the templates and bowls of the different glass.
- Print and display our “How to make a Triangle” guide.
- Collect funds. Each triangle costs $5 to cover materials. Any additional money collected is to be donated to abortion support. See attached list for organizations we like. In Seattle we are raising money for Northwest Abortion Access Fund.
- Attendees can sign up for our mailing list to get updates on the project.
3. After your gathering
- You did it!
- Collect all finished triangles and return them to SMA. – If mailing, make
sure to tile tape each triangle before packing so they will be safe during transport. (We have a video on how to do this).
- If you have left over glass please return to SMA to be used by the next group!
- Let SMA know how much money you raised.
- Spread the word about this project and how easy it was to host a gathering!