Intro to Mosaics Class
Learn the basics of how to design a mosaic, lay and cut tiles, cement, and grout. This two day class features the traditional double-indirect mosaic method. We work on a smallish mosaic (6″ square) for this workshop so that you will be able to complete your mosaic during the class.
- During the first session, you’ll learn all about mosaic methods and tools. You will learn to make a template, design your mosaic, and how to nip and work with tiles.
- You have the opportunity to work on your mosaic throughout the week whenever the studio is open. During the second session you’ll learn all about transferring and cementing and will then cement your mosaic.
- There will be a grout demonstration and you’ll take home grout to do that step at home.
- All materials are provided in the class. No mosaic experience required.
- You will design your mosaic on the first day. The studio will be open until 6pm so if you want to plan to stay longer that is always an option. It is always hard to predict how long it takes!!
- Get 50% discount on first month of membership when you join on the day of the second class.
- Cost: $175
We understand that schedules can be crazy. We will always try to accommodate to yours. Please contact us for any questions or to arrange a Private Intro to Mosaics ($225) class.
Upcoming Introductory Classes: