Book Signing: Saturday Oct 13 5 pm
This wonderful, informative book showcases the international community mosaic mural project Laurel True created specifically with women and girls in 2017. Combining arts activism and environmental beautification, the creation story of the mural “Women Hold Up the World” is an inspiring example of creative placemaking that directly and positively impacts both participants and the larger community.
Part field guide, toolkit, how-to manual and travel journal. For educators, artists, community builders and armchair travelers.`
Project Journals will answer these questions:
- How are projects set up and organized?
- How does the design process work?
- Where do I find the right materials?
- How can I work around unforeseen challenges?
- What is the best technical approach for my project?