Fused Glass Sun Catchers with Janie Yakovlevitch
Catch the sun in your home or garden with this beautiful hanging fused piece.
In this fun and easy class you will work with a wide range of materials as you create your three-paned fused sun catcher. This class will expose you the basics of glass fusing. You will learn how to:
- Decorate with small pieces of glass and millifiore
- Play with frit (finely ground glass) and stringers to decorate your heart
- Create metal reactions using silver wire and copper inclusions
- Paint with fusing paints, a very easy way to add design and intricacy into your fusings.
After your panels are created we will then fuse and join them together with wire ready for hanging.
- Level: All levels
- Cost: $85 all materials included
Janie Yakovlevitch, nurse practitioner and glass artist, fits perfectly with our trend of medicine and mosaics. She has a long history of working with glass as a flameworker, and owner of GlassPassions. She began making mosaics at our studio fall of 2010 and officially joined the team as our “Fusing Director” in 2012. She runs the fusing program at SMA and is a constant inspiration to all of us, as she creates amazing backsplashes and other installations, combining all of her different glass working skills into stunning mosaics.