Fused Heart Bowl with Janie Yakovlevitch
Melt your sweet heart with this beautiful bowl. This fun and easy class introduces you to the basics of glass fusing and slumping as you play with a wide range of materials to design your plates. You will learn how to:
- Decorate with small pieces of glass and millifiore
- Play with frit (finely ground glass) and stringers to decorate your heart
- Create metal reactions using silver wire and copper inclusions
- Paint with fusing paints, a very easy way to add design and intricacy into your fusings.
After your bowl is created we will fuse it and then slump it into the final heart shape. Bowl will be available for pick-up within a week.
- Level: all levels
- Cost: $110– all materials included
Janie Yakovlevitch, nurse practitioner and glass artist, fits perfectly with our trend of medicine and mosaics. She has a long history of working with glass as a flameworker, and owner of GlassPassions. She began making mosaics at our studio fall of 2010 and officially joined the team as our “Fusing Director” in 2012. She runs the fusing program at SMA and is a constant inspiration to all of us, as she creates amazing backsplashes and other installations, combining all of her different glass working skills into stunning mosaics.