Seattle Mosaic Arts in the news!
- See what SMA Studios has been doing as commission work! James Beard Award winning (and Iron Chef winning!) local chef Maria Hines is opening a new restaurant in Ballard, Golden Beetle. See the beautiful mosaic oven we did for her. Wallyhood did a nice job covering the steps and process.
- See a great review of the Golden Beetle with a fantastic photo of the oven in The Stranger.
- WATCH US ON TV! This spring Nancy Guppy and her team from The ArtZone with Nancy Guppy visited the studio and filmed us hard at work. It aired on the Seattle Channel and PBS in early May but you can always watch it on the web by following this link (the piece about us starts a little over 8 minutes into the show). It is a great way to see a little about how we got started and what we do.
- Sunset Magazine featured us as a Northwest Editor’s Pick.
- Nicole Brodeur from the Seattle Times wrote a very moving piece about Claire and making mosaics as memorials. The response to this personal piece has been very powerful. You can read it here.
- Wallingford’s very own Wallyhood Blog has also given us a boost. See us there.
- And for our Japanese customers, check out this article about our very own Seattle Mosaic Arts in Seattle’s biweekly Japanese newsletter Soy Source.
- Our Party Kits have been featured in Red Tricycle in an article about Birthday Party Arts and Crafts.
Seattle Mosaic Arts Members in the news!
- Alexandra Immel and her gorgeous kitchen backsplash are featured on page 62 of the September 2010 issue of Seattle Homes & Lifestyles.