All the fun and none of the fuss, these short beginning classes introduce you to working with glass and ceramic tiles as you create a mosaic. Leave your designed mosaic with us to finish and you get to pick up your masterpiece a week later. Click here for details and upcoming schedule.
This two day workshop teaches you all the basic steps for making mosaics, from designing through grouting, using the traditional double indirect method. We guide you through the process, step by step as you create a beautiful mosaic in the process. Click here for more details and class schedule.
Become a member to learn and work at your own pace, create professional-level mosaics or simply support and become part of the SMA community. Check out our Membership page for more details.
Schedules can be crazy. We’re happy to try to accommodate yours. Private sessions and workshops can be arranged for groups or individuals.
Special Workshops and Visiting Artist Series
We offer a wide variety of special workshops and intensives with both local and international artists for all level of mosaic artist, from beginner to professionals.
- Introduction to Fusing for Mosaics with Janie Yakovlevitch Follow link for upcoming class schedule
- Ravenna Method 3 day Intensive: Reproduction and Gradient Workshop with Michael Kruzich Fri June 21-Sun June 23
- Classical Mosaic Grammar with Jo Braun Sat July 13
- The Business of Mosaics with Laurel True Fri July 26
- Permanent Mosaic Installations: Architectural Applications – weekend workshop with Laurel True Sat/Sun July 27-28
- FUNdamento:Shape+Direction=Flow with Kelley Knickerbocker Sat Aug 3
- Mosaic Switch Plates with Jennifer Kuhns Sat Aug 10
- Sparkling Jewel Mosaic Mirrors: weekend workshop with Angie Heinrich Sat/Sun Sept 14-15
- Glass on Mirror: Color, Texture, Bling! 3-day workshop with Kelley Knickerbocker Sat/Sun Oct 5-6 & Sat Oct 12
For any questions, please contact us.